Date:
Sat, 3 Jan 2004 11:54:52 EST
In a message dated 01/03/2004 12:02:43 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Date:   Thu, 1 Jan 2004 10:48:33 -0500
> From:   Steve Collins <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Re: Grounding yourself;  Was: Adding memory - grounding
>      yourself

I want to thank you personally for the info Steve. I saved your response as a
text file to refer to occasionally.  Question: While maintaining contact with
the computer case by physical contact with it, are you at the same potential
as the case itself? I understand the concept of differing potentials and the
resultant discharge from greater to lesser, so if you are touching the case at
the time of entry into the 'innards' the chance for discharge is lessened or
eliminated? Just want to make sure I've got that. Also I want to extend my
thanks to the moderators and to all who visit the site. This forum is the only one
I religiously monitor and the tips and questions that are posted have helped
me out immensely.  Isn't technology great? They didn't have this when I was a
kid :)

Chris Ryan