From:
Marv Donarski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 May 2003 14:34:47 -0400
Hi Gang, I have a problem that is driving me GOOFY, I put a new bigger drive in myPC the other day (Dell Dtm 4500 w\WinXP Home) re installed the OS and now when I go to backup some of my files it won't let me do it the same way as before. For instance now when I try to backup Quicken, it keeps telling me it can not read the drive, the same with MS $, than a bubble comes up in the task bar telling me I have files to back up! When I click on this bubble (Picture) there are my files. Why can't I just back up directly to drives as before. What program is trying to take control of my back up's? I had Roxio installed before but removed It (through ADD|REMOVE) and I now have Nero installed, which should not make any difference, right? Is there some kind of packet writer that installs with WindowsXP that I can uninstall that will quit trying to take over this function? I hope this is clear, if not I'll fill details as needed.  TIA

Marv Donarski
Davenport, FL