Date:
Thu, 8 Feb 2007 13:40:52 -0600
Darrell,

It could be both a software and a hardware problem. Did you recently change
the brand or type of media? Considering the age of the computer (2002?), the
drive may be in need of a firmware update. This may not bring it totally up
to date (old drive), but it would allow the drive to recognize some of the
newer media produced since the drive was made. Check the Dell (support) site
for available updates.

What version of Nero are you using? Is the other method you use the built in
burn function of XP? It would help to know the exact procedure you are
following, the recording program(s) you use and the error messages, if any.

Sven Swanson, Sr.
The NoSpin Group, Inc.