From:
Richard Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Apr 2005 07:20:35 -0400
If they are factory disks you "should" be able to read them.

If they are burned disks you "may" be able to read them in
a burner drive. (Or even "most" CD-ROM drives.)

If they are burned disks, you might want to try a different media
manufacturer, or burn at a "reduced speed" as a test.  Not all drives
"like" all the different media manufacturers, and sometimes CD-R
disks are not marked with the maximum speed. The CD burner drive
can NOT read the disk and pick the speed for you. The ATIP info
groove on a CD-R NEVER had this type of info.
(DVDs DO have this info and set your burner for you.)

If you make a disk special for testing, be sure to record only one
session AND close (finalize) the disk to help eliminate some of
the other causes of this problem.

                                          Rick Glazier

From: "Bill"