From:
Ron Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Mar 1998 10:13:44 -0500
> I recently upgraded two 488 dx33 computers to P233.  I used an ASUS TXP4
>> motherboard, 64 meg ram, Intel P233-MMX and reused everything else.  I
find
>> that these two computers are not as fast as a couple of P90's that I have
in
>> place.  What should I look for in the setup to make these machines
respond?

1

2
>In addition to the suggestions of changing the VIDEO CARD and HARD
>DISK and reinstalling Win95 mentioned earlier, you should verify you have

John
1.    How do I enable L1 and L2 cache on the MOBO?  I have looked in CMOS
and don't find anything that relates to that.  There is only one cache entry
and that is enabled.
2.    I have a trident 4MB 3D PCI video card.  I have replaced the drive 1G
Samsung with a WD AC22500.  I have 64M EDO and they are 60ns.  CMOS is set
correctly.

Ron