Date:
Mon, 14 Aug 2006 20:11:00 -0400
Super!  Thank you, Tom M. and Lewis E.  That would save me a bundle, and
lots of time and frustration over the slow performance of this beast, too.
Hmmmm, of course I was told this by a salesman, but if there is any risk of
static discharge while I'm installing it, I't'd be likely I'd wipe out the
new stick, question mark?  (He recommended I bring it in, for a total cost
of about $135! <grin>)  So besides a rubber mat under my feet and on the
work table, what would I need to insure against that happening?  I have
wall-to-wall carpeting, so I think the risk may be there...

Joyce

> Installing memory is probably the easiest thing you can do inside the
> case. You probably have a 256 MB stick now (64 MB used for onboard video)
> with 192 MB available for the OS and programs. <snip>

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml