From:
Kevin Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Apr 2003 17:28:43 -0700
Well the short answer is no. The longer answer is yes on the possible but
still no on the practical. It is possible to combine machines using Linux
and Ethernet to form a Beowulf computer array. But it needs a complete CPU
for each unit. With low-end machines it is mostly a hobbyist activity.
Having said that Beowulf arrays do useful work.  Take a look here if you are
interested.
http://www.beowulf-underground.org/doc_project/HOWTO/english/Beowulf-HOWTO-2
.html
I haven't found a good use and unless I have a specific need don't even take
them away unless I have to.

KevPro Computer Services
"If your computer doesn't work I do."
Kevin Brown