From:
Michael Eisenstadt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Apr 2000 10:36:36 -0500
Jim,

Thanks very much for writing. I am still using Win95 + updates.
Does this registry fix only work with Win98?

I don't want to install Win98 over an already partioned 6.5Gig
drive.

I found out that DPMS will put the monitor into standby so I
am buying a new video card with DPMS which I need anyway with
my new monitor.

Michael Eisenstadt

Jim McEvoy wrote:

> Enable ACPI in Windoze.
>
> ACPI may be enabled in your BIOS but  Windows disables it by
> default (thanks Microsoft).  You can turn it on
> with some registry hacks and a reeboot. See Method 2 of:
> http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q195/2/18.ASP
>
> My P2B-LS goes right to sleep.
>
> Once ACPI is enabked you will see a completely diferent Power
> Management Utility in the Control Panel....
>
> "Michael Eisenstadt" <[log in to unmask]> wrote in message
> > My computer has an Asus P2B mainboard. Having
> > just bought a green energy efficient monitor
> > (an LG Studioworks 995E), I was hoping to make
> > use of Power Management to put the monitor on
> > standby when not being used.
> >
> > Does this option require a green energy efficient
> > video card? As it is, I am still using an old
> > ATI Graphics Ultra Pro 2M video card. Its manual
> > doesn't mention Power Management.
> >
> > I have gone into the BIOS of the Asus mainboard
> > and have tried various Power Management options
> > (the instructions aren't very clear on this point).
> > Nothing has worked so far so I was wondering
> > whether a energy efficient video card is also
> > required.
> >
> > TIA
> >
> > Michael Eisenstadt

                   messages? Visit our staff web site: