From:
Hal Trachtenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Mar 2001 11:56:39 -0500
> Hi  friends
> The registry in my computer got corrupt. I was trying to save it with a
> program and it backfired.
>   It starts , asks me a question that windows will fix a file and the
> computer will restart. I had to OK it , I had no choice. So it will ask
the
> same question  next time and repeat the  circle. I did it at least four
times.
> I know pretty sure, it i s not the heat problem.
> if I hv  to reinstal win 98 SE  how to do it fast without wasting an hour
> to do it
> is there a utility that I can carry on a floppy and fix the registry when
> it is needed. ?
> Pl advise.

Paul
I don't see why you would need to back up your registry with any third party
software when, first of all, Windows backs up it's registry on it's own, and
secondly, you can do it by running scanreg from your MS-Dos prompt. I don't
remember if you can do it from Start/Run in 98 SE, but if you type in
scanreg it will scan the registry for errors and then ask you if you want to
back it up. It will even tell you that the registry was already backed up
and then ask you if you want to back it up again. If it doesn't work that
way then go into your MS-DOS screen and enter scanreg/fix. This is the way I
have to do it with Win ME, as it doesn't work by going to Start/Run in ME.