From:
George&Mary Skokan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Apr 2000 08:38:47 -0700
Since my cpu fan seems noisy at times, I bought a replacement for celeron cpu.  Problem is that it has 3 wires instead of the 2 that are on my present fan. Both have the black and red, but the new one has and additional blue one.  The present plug fits over 3 pins in the socket, but one plug position(corresponding to the blue wire on the new fan) is blank.  The box doesn't say anything about the function of the other wire....maybe some kind of sensor??  The ambios program identifies a 440LX chipset and a TG Florida motherboard.  The machine is an emachine 500 and in warranty....only problem is they will exchange the whole tower and it would have been a bother.  Anyone know if I can just pull the pin on the blue wire, or maybe just plug it in, since it would fit???
George&Mary Skokan ([log in to unmask])

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org