From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Aug 1998 08:16:46 -0600
If all is as you state below, then the only  answer here is a Telco issue.
In other words, the telephone system is not supporting your connection
for what ever reason.   It could be an issue of line noise, it could be an
issue of drop lines on your trunk connection or it could be just bad connections
at any of the junctions between you and the ISP.   This is VERY common.

Telephone companies typically do not attempt to provide line transfer purity
for any rate above 9600 baud or maybe...  just maybe 14.4k baud.   This is
a situation I continue to hear about all over the United States...   the problem
in your part of the world maybe the same, better or worse...  but, that is my
diagnosis...   I have seen it too many times to believe anything else.

   Bob Wright