From:
Don Cooley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Jun 1998 16:12:47 -0700
Ethernet uses two pairs of wire and they have to be twisted.  Therefore, out
of custom we use pairs one and two and they are attached to pin 1,2,3 and 6.
1&2 are a pair (pair 1) and 3&6 are a pair (pair 2).

The color of the pairs do not make a difference as long as you use the same
two colors at both ends.  I think I normally use Orange and Blue.  But the
customs differ from person to person.

Don

   Don Cooley / San Jose, California / [log in to unmask]
  New Prostate-Help Forums / My Prostate Cancer story
 My family story & history / All at  http://prostate-help.com
     To discuss Prostate Cancer call me at 408 268-6400