From:
Richard Stevens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jul 2006 18:15:18 +0100
Hi Paul,

I will check this out - and thank you for your full and helpful comments.

Added notes; At the moment the OS system recognises that there is another
drive present (it is listed as an F drive), and the disk management
recognises that it is healthy (and active) and has a capacity of 186.31GB,
and the device manager says that the device is working properly. I believe
that I have set up the device as a slave unit (with the jump connectors) and
it is located in the correct hard disc bay. BUT it will not format,  F:/ is
not accessible if you try to open it, and disk management makes no statement
about partitioning (NTFS).

Will recognition in BIOS be the answer??

regards
Richard