From:
Kyle Elmblade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 May 2001 08:39:51 -0700
Hi Mwelwa,

It would help if we knew what OS you are using.  This sounds like Windows 98 and an IRQ issue.  I have noticed with every 98 machine I've built, if the sound card shares an IRQ with any other device, the sound will have a tendancy to pause or skip when other processor intensive task are being performed on the machine.  This is especially true if the sound card shares the IRQ with the video.

Let us know your OS first and we should be able to more accurately diagnose the cause of the problem.

Kyle Elmblade
Distinct Computer Solutions