From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Aug 1998 10:09:16 -0400
Some older machines did/do need to have the bios upgraded to support larger
drives.

However, in his original post, Duck stated that "...LBA is enabled..."  This
means that his system already supports Large Block Addressing and no upgrade
is needed.

There are several settings involved with LBA and he may have one of them set
incorrectly.
Or he may simply have his drive setting configured for a particular
drive/size instead of the AUTO setting.  How to change and where these
settings are varies from BIOS to BIOS and I am not familiar with the Phoenix
bios.  Perhaps someone else can provide the particular details.

Jim Meagher
=====
Micro Solutions Consulting     Member of The HTML Writers Guild
http://www.ezy.net/~microsol   International Webmasters Association
=====

<SNIP>