From:
George&Mary Skokan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Jan 2001 08:39:00 -0700
I am having problems burning CDRs.  The system is an HP6638 533 Celeron with
15GB as Master on IDE 0 and a Ricoh MP7040A as Master on IDE 1.  The Ricoh
as been flashed to the latest level and was working fine until recently.  I
am using Nero 5.0 and since I have been having problems have been running
simulation first before the burn.  When I run the sim at 2x or 4x it fails,
but I can write at 1x, which is a pain(15 minutes versus 60 minutes for
backing up files).  I sent the log files to the tech support and they keep
saying it is a media error, but I happens with 2 different types of media
(TDK and PNY).  They suggested I clean it with the brush type cleaner and I
have done that, but still no luck.  The device shows no problem reading CDs
and CDRs (I don't use CDRW). Anyone have any ideas?  TIA
George&Mary Skokan([log in to unmask])

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html