From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 06:37:11 -0600
At 05:55 AM 9/23/2002, Roger Pepperrell wrote:
>I recently upgraded to Asus A7S333 motherboard, athlon 2000+ processor and 512Mb ddr
>memory. Now, following boot-up, every time I try to access drive c: or a short-cut based
>on this drive, the machine crashes with error-message
>
>Fatal exception 0E at 0028:C02F07F7 in VXD NAVAP(02) + 00198DB. Current application will
>be terminated.
>
>On hitting <enter> subsequent error messages include:
>
>0D at 0002:015F391C
>0D at 16CF:015775B6
>0D at 0202:01578861
>etc
>
>Any thoughts? Is it a faulty processor? Probably no, as provided I steer clear of trying
>to acces C: I can use the machine. Faulty motherboard?

Okay, I understand that you have Windows installed, but you need to tell
us what version of Windows, it does make a difference.

Have you tried reinstalling Windows after you did the upgrade?  Often
on WindowsXP or WindowsXP Pro the system will not scan the hardware
and upgrade to the necessary drivers for your motherboard.  It will take
a reinstall in order for it to redefine your hardware for Windows.

    Bob Wright
The NoSpin Group

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com