From:
Andrea & Bill Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Nov 2003 15:56:44 -0500
Greetings;

    I volunteer at my children's school in the computer lab. There are a number of old 14 inch monitors that seem unable to deal with the labs newer computers (266 Mhz to 350 Mhz PII's). The picture is like the vertical or horizontal hold is incorrect and it continually flips rapidly no matter what settings I use. I have set the refresh rate to 56 hz and the resolution to 640 by 480, but to no avail. I have tried a few of them on a Pentium 166 with the same results. I have also tried adjusting the pots on the few that had them accessible.

    Are these monitors just too old or is there something I missed? If they are just too old, is there any other use for them?

Bill

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com