From:
Bobby Sutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 2000 10:37:32 -0600
Sirs: Thanks a bunch for this great forum, learning alot from the
threads. I have a simple question yet a common one. I purchased a
Gateway P5 133XL in 1995, American Bios by brothers 1.010 ? . Anyhow,
the thing runs great , I installed a intel 200mhz overdrive processor,
and have 80 megs of mem installed. Other than that it is originial with
a 1.6 hd and matrox millenium power desk video and ensonic sound blaster
audio system with a subwoofer and altec speakers, 17" monitor. Runs
great but have thought about taking it to local store and installing new
motherboard, athalon processor, 128 megs of mem, and new video card and
hard drive. They told me approx 500-600 but I have doubts till they see
system, it is a 9 bay tower case with tape backup so I have plenty of
room. I counld give this to my daughter  for college use which will suit
her needs fine except for 17" monitor, a little big for dorm. I could
but a new system now or in summer for probably about twice the upgrade
price. Any thoughts on this, I have always heard that if you spend 2/3
of what you could get a new one for then you are wasting money. Thanks
for you opinion.

Bobby Sutton

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org