From:
Jeff Lane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Aug 2004 23:08:20 -0700
Mike,

I don't recall the whole thread but it sounds like something is shorted or
not properly seated. If you have re-seated everything, including the CPU, I
would recommend stripping everything out except the video and start from
there. If it works ok there then install the floppy drive and see if you can
boot to a bootable floppy disk. If you don't have one you can go to
http://www.bootdisk.com and make one from another PC. If that works then
install the harddrive and detect it in the BIOS. If that holds I would
recommend formatting it with DOS and boot to it. You  don't care how big the
drive is or what is on it at this point, just that it works. If that works,
install the CD drive....don't worry about drivers at this time. If that
holds run fdisk and remove the bootable partition on the harddrive. From
this point you will probably have found the culprit(or with some other
device down the line) and should be home free.

Good luck.

Jeff

> About 10 days ago I inquired about an issue I had with my pc not
> starting...I tried all the strategies that everyone offered..but to no
> avail...receeded the video card, checked the processor, unattached and
> re-attached all ide cables, I purchased a new power source and a new hard
> drive...nothing has helped...what is left ???  I guess a new processor and
> motherboard ???
>
> Just in case anyone missed it... Upon trying to set my computer up (after
> a move) my pc's fans kick on lights, light up, but after about 15 seconds
> everything shuts down... No beeps just a sound that is the same as if I
> was powering down for the night....
>
> Any possible help is appreciated !!
> Thanks,
> Mike Bodak
>
> P.S.
> PC is an intel P4 1.7 ghz (pentium motherboard), with 512mb ram, MSI 5700
> 256mb video card, 80 gb hard drive....

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com