From:
bonny varghese <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Aug 2005 03:08:00 -0700
Group,

     from the last one month my  PC has been behaving
quiet mysteriously. Whenever I switch it on it takes a
long time to boot up. The Hard disk and the Power
lights are continously on and the monitor light is
just blinking. After about 15 - 20 minutes the PC
boots up normally. There is no long or short beeps.
However, when I am switching of the system during this
period a very short beep comes up. After the system
has come up, If I reboot the system the PC boots up
normally without any problems. Also if I shut down my
PC and start it all over within a short duration of
time it boots normally.
I have tried the following to no avail
1. I have changed the CMOS battery.
2. I have disassembled the PC and assembled it again.
3. Changed the BIOS settings to Default settings,
4. Changed the BIOS Settings to Load Fail Safe
Features.
4. removed the CMOS jumper and seated it back.
5. I have formatted my primary and installed a fresh
copy of Windows allover again.

My PC's Configuration is as follows
1. Pentium 3 800 MHz
2. 810E chipset mother board
3. Award Modular Bios
4. 128 MB of RAM
5. 20GB Hard Disk.
6. RealTek LAN Card.
7. Win XP

Lately I have found that after the long time the
system takes to start up, the BIOS screen does not
appear and directly the Windows screen comes up.
Also sometimes when the sytem has started there is a
message which says that "Windows has given a serious
error." the error says that there has been a problem
with the IP address and the configuration of the
computer. With this the LAN icon in My Network places
dissappears.  I had to remove the LAN card and install
it again. I feel that the Windows error would have
come because of the problem in Hardware as the error
had popped after the fresh installation of Windows.

Hoping I get some suggestions soon before something
worse happens. Thanx in advance.

Regards,
Bonny.

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs