From:
Orf Bartrop <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 2006 13:07:17 +1100
I tried a fix suggested by PM:
"Go to the run prompt and type “services.msc”, without the quotes.
  Then scroll down to “Wireless Zero Configuration”.  Double click
on it and pick manual or if it is manual click disable.  This
problem has been reported for both a wireless connection and pc’s
hardwired to a wireless router."
I found the setting on my friend's computer was "Automatic" so I
set it to manual. At first it looked like the problem was fixed
when the computer stayed on all night and was still connected by
ADSL the next morning.
24 Hours later, back to dropping out and needed a computer restart
to get things going again. I have now set the Wireless Zero
Configuration to "Disable" to see if that fixes the problem.
Tom, I have not tried turning off all power saving features as yet.
That will be the next thing I will try.

Orf