From:
Dean Kukral <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Oct 2010 12:03:40 -0500
Thanks to all who had suggestions.

John, I went to this on my computer and it did not work, but when I went
to it on her computer, it took me right to the directions!

Evidently, what I needed to use was pop.att.yahoo.com and
smtp.att.yahoo.com.

So, now she can use Outlook Express directly without all the garbage and
spam!  That will be a real improvement, since her line is quite slow, or
at least it seems so to me!

I will suggest that she investigate DSL Lite.  I don't know if she can
use it or not, but she should certainly try it.  ( I have never heard of
it before.)  She may well be too far from a station to use it, but who
knows!

Thanks, again,

Dean Kukral

On 10/11/2010 9:13 AM, John Sproule wrote:
> ATT has outsourced their email handling to Yahoo.  I'm with their DSL
> service in TN; so, I don't know if this information will apply to your
> friend's account or not, but it looks generic enough.  See if you can
> pull up this support page.  It's for configuring Outlook Express.
>
> http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401573&ct=9000142
>
> I take it that she is using a dial-up connection because their DSL is
> not available at her location.  If it were, ATT does offer what they
> call DSL lite, which is about the cost of a dial up connection, but
> significantly faster.  It lends itself well to simple web browsing and
> email.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> John Sproule

                     visit our download web page at: