From:
Thomas Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Feb 2008 23:27:37 -0800
 From process of elimination power is not getting to the motherboard.
Double check your power connections. Check that power supply is
connected to functioning 110V source and that the power supply is turned
on. Check that the wires between the case power switch and the
motherboard and connected in the correct orientation. The orientation
likely does not effect it but while your checking the connection you may
as well check the orientation. Check that the motherboard is not
grounding to the case.

After that, the power supply could be bad or the case power button could
be bad. Connect the wires from the case reset button to the motherboard
where the power switch would normally be connected (they are both
momentary switches) and then use the reset button to try to power up the
computer. If there is a green LED light on the motherboard that is lit
when the power supply is on, then the power supply is supplying some
power. If you had another known good power supply available, you could
try it to power up the computer. You do not need to install it in the
case as long as the wires reach the motherboard.

Also, you have already received some other good recommendations. Let us
know how things are going.

Tom

Mike wrote:
> I am building my PC for the 2 time and I seem to be having problems, well first here is what I am working with:
>
> ASUS M2NBP-VM CSM motherboard
> ASUS EN7100 PCI Express
> ANTEC BP500 Power Supply
> AMD X2 4000+ 2.1G AM2 65N
> WD 250G SATA HD
> 4GB of DDR2 UNBUFF memory from CRUCIAL
>
> And for some reason or another I can't seem to get the system up and running, I install all the periphrals and hit the power button and NOTHING, NO FANS, NO LIGHTS, NOTHING.  Am I doing anything wrong with the connections?  Is it the memory?
>
> I am in despirate need of help

                 our special coffee mugs and mouse pads