From:
Tom Landon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 May 2011 09:32:33 -0500
I'm trying to do a clean install of XP. Have the CD set as first boot device
in BIOS. The Windows installer comes up, then, after about a minute, the
computer powers down.

Drive 0 is a WD 500Gb IDE, and Drive 1 is a Seagate SATA 1 Tb.which I have
disconnected to ensure that this data is preserved.

Never had this happen before. Everything except the keyboard and mouse (both
USB) has been removed.

This started with a mup.sys error on windows startup. Tried going to the
repair console to do a checkdisk/repair. Got the message that there wasn't
enough room on C to recover files. This is not a problem since I have always
kept data on drive D (disk 0) and backed up to the Seagate.

The MB has only one IDE Channel, so, I have the CD and the WD on the same
cable.

Any ideas on where to start? Need more info?

Thanks,

Tom Landon

--
Youth is the gift of nature, but age is a work of art.
Stanislaw Lec

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml