From:
Tom Billiodeaux <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 May 2001 08:59:19 -0500
I have successfully cloned my W2k NTFS partition with NGhost 6.5.

The original problem was a faulty copy made by NG on cdrw media.

After repeating on cdr, i was able to restore my F:W2k (NTFS) onto my D:
partition (NTFS).

But to make the drivers find everything, must go to registry and edit the
device drive letters:

See MS article: Q223166, "How to Change the System/Boot Drive Letter in
Windows 2000". Or write for more info.

The drive letter change procedure is not necessary if you clone to the same
drive letter partition, and use NG as a strict backup of a dedicated
partition.

The problem comes in is when you start moving stuff around.
NTFS also has a problem when you start changing partition sizes without it
knowing and then try to boot into it. Thats why Drive Image doesn't work
with NTFS as all.

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml