From:
Louise Gainor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jul 2002 08:47:03 -0400
Unfortunately, you can't just move installed programs. If you move them to
another drive, they will still need files that were put into the system
directory, which will be destroyed and rewritten when you reinstall you OS.
I would make a list of programs, and then reinstall them after you OS
reload.

If your first partition is your primary, you should be able to retain all of
the files on the other partitions (as long as you don't delete them in fdisk
or format those partitions).  Programs, however, always install files into
the system directory and the registry, so they will probably not run unless
you reinstall them.