From:
Pat Wong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Mar 1998 00:01:54 -0700
Hi Larry,

You should replace the battery with the same voltage of the same type, i.e.
lithium with lithium or Nicad with Nicad, etc.  With older motherboards,
286 vintage, rechargeable Nicad batteries were widely used.  When non-
chargeable replacements were used, batteries usually exploded resulting
in acid damage to the motherboards.

HTH,

Patrick