From:
john freibergs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jun 2004 16:58:44 -0700
-I bought a barebones machine 2 years ago with a
Fujitsu MPG3102AT hard drive.  I could never get it to
format or do anything else and contacted Fujitsu at
www.fujitsu.com.  They had a utility to download but
since my drive wasn't working at all I wrote them
directly and they sent me an RMA number no questions
asked.  That was 2 years ago.  I can't lay my hands on
it right now, but they had a problem with a couple of
their suppliers and apparently many of the 10Gig
drives were junk because of it.  They do have a
contact site through their web page and I would start
there.

John

-- Grant Frazer <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We have a bunch of computers all with 10GB IDE
> Fujitsu hard disks.  Over the past few months the
> hard disks have started to fail.  We can't see the
> hard disk in the BIOS and it doesn't matter what we
> do we cannot make it appear.  The only way we have
> been able to rectify our hard disk failures is by
> replacing them with new disks.  At first I thought
> this was just a minor fault as it only happened to 5
> computers, I now have over 30 computers with dead
> hard disks.  Is there any known fault with Fujitsu
> IDE hard disks, in particular the 10GB model?  Is
> there a way we can make these apparent 10GB hard
> disks work again so that we don't have to buy new
> ones?
>

> Thanks in advance.
>
> Grant.
>
>               The NOSPIN Group is now offering Free