From:
"Lawrence R. Fisk" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jun 2001 07:47:42 -0400
If you want to be really forward thinking, you'll get a combination
router/wireless hub.

I started with the Linksys 4 port router to share my DSL and create my
peer-to-peer network.
With the DSL plugged into the router, any computer will have a live internet
connection without having to leave a "host" machine turned on all the time.
After networking 3 Desktops, I bought a laptop, and decided I wanted to surf
the internet in my backyard, without cords.  I bought the Linksys Wireless
Access Point, and wireless Network card for the Laptop (I only stuck with
Linksys, because If I needed technical support, I didn't want them blaming
other manufacturer's products if something didn't work).
Now Linksys makes a combination router/wireless access point that will do
both (a lot cheaper than what I paid for both units).
If you ever think you'll get a laptop, you might want to consider it.

There are other manufacturers that make these products, too.  One that comes
to mind is D-Link.  I think their products may be cheaper than Linksys, but
I have no experience with them.

Believe me, once you go wireless, you never want to go back to cables again.

Good Luck.

Larry.