Date:
Wed, 21 Jun 2000 17:01:54 -0500
Hey everybody-
I need to upgrade my computer before I go off to college and I need some
help.  I only want to spend around $600 and need to upgrade my motherboard,
processor, RAM, case, and sound card.  I need to have 2 ISA slots on the
mobo.  I have a PCI Diamond Viper V550 16MB TNT video card right now, but I
want to have video capture capabilities.  Should I get a new AGP video card
w/ video capabilities or keep the Diamond and buy some type of card just for
capturing video?  Please advise, all information is appriciated.

Currently my system is configured as so:
Generic Mobo w/ onboard sound and video (only using the onboard sound)
AMD K6- 233
64 meg RAM (probably won't be able to re-use in new system because it's of
older type 32meg 72 pin and 32meg 128pin  I think)
4X SCSI CD-R
48x CD-ROM
1.44 disk drive
Diamond viper v550 16mb pci
ISA Network card
ISA SCSI port card
6.4 Gig  IDE maxtor harddrive
14" KDS monitor
ps2 mouse and keyboard
altec lansing acs33 speakers w/ sub
 I believe that is everything, hopefully this helps.

Thanks,
Eric ROZNER

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html