From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Sep 2006 17:08:45 -0700
On 17 Sep 2006 at 16:31, Brad Feuerhelm wrote:

> One question for the major geeks out there.
>
> I want to dual boot 3 separate XP Pro SP2 installs.
> Which would be better all around; 1 big drive partitioned out, or 3
> separate drives one for each XP install?

  There's a third option, which you may not have realized existed:

  If you install Windows NT/2K/XP to a drive which already has a Windows
NT/2K/XP installation on it, but choose to install to a new directory,
Windows will add this install to the list of options in BOOT.INI which is
used to build the multi-boot menu.  Those windows directories don't have to
be on separate drives or partitions; they can all be on one.

  I sometimes use this to provide a normal-use boot with all applications,
and a recovery installation with only the minimum drivers and applications
necessary for basic system tasks.

David Gillett