From:
Herbert Graf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Aug 1999 23:14:08 -0400
        Well just to let those who would like to know, the drive is working
perfectly now. The problems I had were related two two things: Software and
Media. The software (Adaptec EasyCD) is probably the worst out there, it
gives up never telling the user that there was a problem or what the problem
was. The media was my fault. I purchased the cheapest CDRW media out there
and it was junk. I bought a brand name CDRW disc and it worked perfectly. So
as a word of warning, if you are using the ACER 6206A drive, stay away from
Pacific Digital CDRW media, it does not work in my drive, some discs
actually start formating and never finish, others are recognized as CDR and
nothing else (my drive actually started burning it as a CDR, you could
physically see how far it got). These problems occured at both 1X and 2X.
Pacific Digital CDR media isn't as bad, it does work, but I will never use
it again. The reflective layer has no coating on it, it is exposed, ignoring
corrosion the smallest pin prick would probably render the disc useless. I
don't know if that is common, but when I can peel the reflective layer off
myself it scares me! :) Anyways, thanks to all for the help. TTYL