From:
Venkat Viswanathan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jan 2005 23:28:37 -0500
Hi Dean, Thanks for returning my post for editing. your point taken and my apologies.  please ignore both my earlier posts (both dated 20th january but the
 first one at 11:51:50 AM and the second one at 01:17:00 hrs.)separately.

The following is the first one.

"hi Dean,thanks a lot for your valuable input on the subject. I took up your advice and proceeded. I think at this stage I need to give some additional information not contained in my first post.

My non working pc (in which I do not have space to reload win98se and which I am trying to do by creating space)has a quantum fireball hdd of 4 gig and partitioned into “c” and “d” of equal capacity.  win os resides on “c”. My dell has a maxtor HDD model 1c6a-1efc of 7 gig and all of it in a single logical drive “c”.

I took your input and connected the dell maxtor as slave and the quantum as master. bios showed as such. saved and exited. but while loading os i got an "invalid system disc error" and inspite of 2/3 ctrl/alt/del same error.

so I powered off and connected the maxtor as primary master and quantum as slave and booted up. when I double clicked "my computer" it showed “c” “d”,and “e” and also the floppy and dvd player in the dell.  but the problem now is that logical drive “d” which is my logical drive c in the non working pc has got the windows application icon whereas "c" and "e" have got the storage disk icons.

when I double click “c”,and “e” both show all my data and programs but if I double click "d" I get a msg saying I need autorun.exe program to run this drive and asks me where to find it!  when I went into dos mode and typed D:\DIR P\ I get a msg saying "volume in drive d has no label and volume serial is 1c6a-1efc. If I simply type D:\dir it scrolls up like lightning and I can see only the last 8/10 files!

I will greatly appreciate if u can guide me how to proceed further. Thanks again and have a very nice day--venkat viswanathan"

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com