From:
Chris Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jan 2006 21:29:09 -0500

Hardware related technical reasons aside, I found the BSOD discussion lively
but it failed to explain WHY? I remembered a small filler article in an
issue of PCWorld (May 2004) that states,
        "Microsoft claims that the famous color scheme of the Windows crash
screen--aka the Blue Screen of Death--was picked for simple readability.
It's not like there were a lot of choices. Earlier versions of Windows
dropped down to a 16-color mode after a catastrophic event. In that palette,
the first background color (after black) is dark blue, as represented by the
HEX code 0x01. So maybe we can blame lazy programmers for the decision to
use blue. Though let's face it--the Cyan Screen of Death lacks menace."

Just a little tongue-in-cheek perspective. ;^)

Chris Ryan
E-Mail:

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml