From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jun 1998 10:14:49 -0400
On Tue, 30 Jun 1998 05:14:27 -0700 ketan mistry
<[log in to unmask]> writes:
>I have a Compaq Prolinea 4/66 486 Machine with 120MB harddisk.
>
>I now have the need to install a high capacity disk in it, could
>someone please advice what is the maximum capacity of
>hard-disk that can be installed in this machine.

        Because of the age of the machine (BIOS) you might need drive
management software.
In that case, anything between 540m and 2G should be a safe bet and
relatively cheap.
Depending on your needs, anything larger might "over improve" the
machine.
I have friends that were used to very small drives, (and got bigger small
drives),
and have not followed the curve into the "more is better" philosophy.
If you plan a major change in your computing habits, a faster machine
will come with
a bigger drive also.  To keep up with all the new improvements you need a
truck
full of money and a new computer every year ;-)))
PS: One of my machines is a 486-66, but I am getting increasingly worried
that it is
"not fast" enough to keep up with the current trends in new software.
For instance, my "business software" company just "dropped" all Win3.1
users in the
newest version of their software. (I agree with that decision.)
        Rick Glazier

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]