From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jan 2004 23:59:17 -0800
  It's working now with the video card in PCI 1, ATA-133 in PCI 2, and SB
Live in PCI 3.  I haven't reinstalled the USB/Firewire and the TV cards yet,
but Windows' installation of SB16 Emulation completed successfully (which I
have now safely marked "Not in this Hardware Profile" to deactivate it).

David Gillett

On 6 Jan 2004 at 4:53, [log in to unmask] wrote:

> In a message dated 1/6/2004 12:50:03 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> [log in to unmask] writes:
>   Well, the PCI slot that is documented as sharing an IRQ with the AGP slot
> is where I've installed the PCI video card, so I don't think that's it.
>
>   I downloaded a replacement NTKERN.VXD file, and the problem shifted to
> where Windows now detects "SB16 emulation" and attempts to install a driver
> for it -- and hangs there.
>   I've been able to find a couple of suggested fixes for that, but the
> latest is that it won't boot at all.  It looks almost like a hard drive
> failure, except that I get the same lack of activity after the ROM portion
> of the boot when I boot directly from a floppy.
>
>   So my current plan is to take out everything but the video, and gradually
> re-add cards.  I'll experiment with putting the SB!Live into a different
> slot as part of that process, and see what new strangeness results.
>
> David Gillett
> Hi,
>   Make sure you are using the latest version of drivers for it as well. I had
> a similar probkem, and had to disable SB16 emulation, or it would hang the
> system, as yours does (not a big deal, SB16 emulation is only used for ancient
> DOS based games sound anyway).
>

> HTH,
> Peter Hogan

                    Digest mode - visit our web site: