From:
Martin Kurr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Mar 2001 22:46:14 -0600
To properly uninstall the ATA100 device driver, set your BIOS to disable ATA
in bootup, connect the drive physically to the standard EIDE mainboard
connector, then boot up and uninstall the driver.  Any other reference on
your BIOS such as "other boot device" must be set away from SCSI / ATA
device.  This is your starting point.  Also, check your BIOS for update on
ATA100 support and I think version 6.06 software is available for Win2K
driver.
~Martin

-clip-
I have tried to install the latest release of the storage driver, 6.03 and
have had some very peculiar problems. For one, when trying to uninstall the
driver, I got a BSOD critical stop error when I rebooted saying
Boot_Device_Inaccessible. I had to revert to a previous configuration and
almost had to reinstall Win2k altogether. So, I am afraid to try and
uninstall again.
-clip-

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml