From:
Marshall Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Jun 1999 18:00:17 -0400
Hardware setup:
FIC 503+ 1.2a (w/out optional USB riser card)
AMD 3d350
64 PC100

The problem:
    New HP ScanJet 4200C;  new USB adapter port;
Followed installing and setup directions carefully. Scanner would work first
time and not from then on. Error message received varied from: Cannot turn
on you USB port or software cannot find your scanner.

Have tried installing a different USB port; have removed all software and
disconnected the scanner and reloaded and connected software and scanner.
Same problem - will scan one and then hang up in mid scan next scan.
Exchanged scanner and software for same brand thinking maybe it was a
hardware problem. This time I was able to do 5 scans and then problems
started. Now the scanner initializes but does not scan at all. Error message
says it cannot find my scanner. Scanner is listed in devise manager as is
the USB port.
    Spent $ and almost 2 hours with HP support on the phone trying a variety
of options they thought might fix the problem. They were stumped also.
Presently considering a different brand scanner although I like the quality
of the occasionally output of the HP.
I've been wrestling with this problem for a week now and am very stumped and
frustrated. Would appreciate any help/suggestions you think may assist.

Avis
-----
Marshall Anderson
Owens & Co., Realtors