From:
Jan Lambert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Jun 1999 13:43:39 -0700
In <[log in to unmask]>, on 06/19/99
   at 02:39 PM, Susan Hays <[log in to unmask]> said:

>I would appreciate some opinions on which is the faster
>processor:   AMD-K6 or a Pentium II?  And is a Pentium II a lot
>faster than just a Pentium?

Pentium II is significanly faster than a Pentium, and the Pentium
is obsolete anyway.

The K6-2 3Ds are somewhat less capable than a Pentium II in
non-floating point math, assuming comparable clocks. The Pentiums
have much better floating point units and would be the best choice
for scientific, engineering and  graphics intensive use. The
Celerons with onboard cache (latest versions) are about equal to
the K6s. K6-3s are better (but no improvement in the floating
point unit) than K6-2s, but cost much more.

jan lambert
*** Beer, not just a breakfast food anymore***

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html