From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Apr 2003 02:26:51 -0800
On 4 Apr 2003, at 19:47, Oleg Panchenko wrote:

> Hi all,
> anyone could tell me how its possible to make win98 to work with
> two (or more) modems at once? Two ZyXels Omni k56 USB are installed
> on USB virtual com ports (com port 3 and 4). And I'd like them
> to work together on two leased lines to one ISP.
> Best regards,
>  Oleg                          mailto:[log in to unmask]

  I believe Microsoft calls this "Multilink" and it's part of Dial-Up
Networking.  Your ISP also needs to support this feature for it to work.

  Modmes on leased lines are not very common in North America -- when they
were a common technology in the 1970s and 1980s, not many people were online
and of course Windows 98 didn't exist.  I don't know where you'd find many
people who've used one leased line with Win98, let alone two.
  Virtually all of the references I can find to doing Multilink PPP over
leased lines turn out to be using ISDN and/or require a router to do it,
rather than the PC itself.  It might not be possible.

David Gillett