From:
Dennis Thiel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Sep 2000 17:47:52 -0400
A friend of mine bought a pci usb card and couldn't get it to work in his Win98 system. He called the support line of the manufacturer and he was told that if his bios didn't have usb support, then the card wouldn't work. I thought the point of usb add in cards was to add usb to systems that didn't support it. Is there something he's missing? Anyone have any suggestions as to what he can try?

I'm sorry but I don't know any details about his system other than it's an old computer with no usb support in the bios, and it's running Win98.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

Dennis Thiel

                   messages? Visit our staff web site: