From:
Don Kendrew <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jun 2000 01:47:37 -0400
Thanks for your input. . . this makes me really think that the device that
I have been handed, is in fact, not a SUPERDISK . . . the ribbon connector
has only the 34 pins usually found on a floppy drive. . . although they
seem to be backwards. . . meaning I can't position pin "1" on  the ribbon
cable with pin "1" on the drive, because the notch will not allow it. . .

Also this device ( in my hands) seems to be missing a bottom cover. . . on
the bottom I see a circular device, not unlike the flywheel on an engine. .
. it even turns . . . also around the perimeter of the bottom of this
device there seems to be threaded anchor holes where a cover of some sort
would fit!

It does differ from a regular floppy drive in another way. . . between the
power connection and the ribbon connector. . . there is a bank of jumper
selects. . . in fact seven pairs with three jumpers in the default
positions of H1, HO4, and D1. . .

It's all too confusing. . . !!! If you have additional ideas, I would
really like to hear them!

dk