From:
"Kurr, Martin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Aug 1999 07:47:22 -0500
Most motherboards have a jumper to disconnect battery power (some ship this
way to preserve battery life).  This has the additional effect of resetting
to default BIOS settings, including blanking the password.  The other option
is removing the battery (if it is removable).  Most manuals suggest 5
minutes of power-off to ensure complete clearing.  The jumper might be
called CMOS clear or CMOS reset in the manual.
Martin Kurr
email [log in to unmask]
> From:         Ronald G Jobe[SMTP:[log in to unmask]]
> Subject:      [PCBUILD] BIOS on an Iwill BD100plus motherboard
> He set a BIOS password
> (alphanumeric, mixed
> case) because of an "always on" ADSL internet connection.  Now he can't
> get back into the
> BIOS, it claims that his password is incorrect.  I've not worked with
> Iwill boards.  Can I reset
> the BIOS jumper on the motherboard and flash the BIOS to get rid of the
> password?

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html