From:
Brad Marden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Dec 2002 15:38:25 -0500
I am not sure what is happening with this cd burner. I have not used it as a burner for a while so when i wanted to install the burning software i was having problems getting it to open. I have Easy cd creator 4 and 5. i like to use 5 so that is what i tried first. It went in fine and install the update before using like i have always done. And the program locked up. So i tried to uninstall it and try easy cd creator 4 which came with the burner and i just got a blue screen and the computer shut off. Now the burner wont even read any cd's. The bios detects it and windows ME detects it but when you put in a cd-rom of any type it just does nothing. It is an iomega cd rom and has always worked when needed. i have tryed removing it from the device manager and letting it refind it with no luck i have even reformated and reinstalled windows Me to try and fix it. Durring the insta
lation i had to swich the drive cables with the dvd rom in it to install because dos would not see any cd's in it and the dvd rom worked find on the ide port. But the burner is still not working. hope you can help me out with this. Also under windows when you right click on the drive it will eject it. When a cd is put in the drive the light will blink a couple of times and then go out (normally it stays lit with a cd in it.