Date:
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 19:21:55 -0500
I tried something close to that but still had problems -- it seemed that
WME's driver  still wanted to get in on the act. I think it or perhaps
some shared code gets loaded anyway -- I'm going to install a better
process viewer and try to figure out what's going on. I'd think it's
my machine -- which is new and an oem install -- but I found something
in MS Knowledge Base mentioning the conflict and advising not installing
the 3rd party drivers. Unfortunately I didn't bookmark it.
The MS wizard runs my scanner, a Umax Astra USB machine, just fine, but
it's badly lacking in adjustments.
rr

Just curious... Can you install the software that came with the scanner
and
then go into Device Manager and say change drivers, and choose let Windows
ME find the best drivers? Or does that work in WME?

Mandi

--
bob raikes

To get your own FREE ZDNet Onebox - FREE voicemail, email, and fax,
all in one place - sign up today at http://www.zdnetonebox.com

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml