From:
Tom Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Feb 2004 08:06:54 -0800
I don't know if Windows 95 will boot off the CD installation disk. If you
can set up the boot order to try the CDROM first, it should boot up into the
Windows installation program. If not, you can go back to having it boot in
"A"  drive with CDROM support, then go to your CDROM drive (usually D
drive), do a directory search of your Windows installation disk, and look
for 'setup.exe', 'install.exe' or something that you recognize as an
installation command. Back at the D prompt type in the command that you
found and the installation should start. If the Windows Disk(s) is/are a
floppy, just boot with the Floppy drive, place the Windows disk (#1 ?) in
the floppy, do directory search, find the installation command, and type it
in at the A prompt. You might first try the installation disk itself to see
if it will boot up.

I skipped from Windows 3.1 to Windows 98 so I never had to install Windows
95 or I could be more succinct.

Tom Mayer

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com