Date:
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 18:17:36 -0400
Following is an Email that I sent to my motherboard manufacturer. I am posting it here in case someone on this site can help me with the problem.
Thank you in advance for any help.
Jim Markellos
I installed the P4B533-E mobo and the following;

Processor Intel P4 2.0GHz 512K 400MHz

Memory Crucial DDR PC2100 Non-Parity 512MB

Video Card, Hard Drive, CD Rom Drive, and Floppy Drive.

I turned the computer on and it booted up to the following;

"MBFastTrak 133(tm) "Lite" Bios Version 2.00.1.23

(c)1995-1001 Promise Technology, Inc. All rights reserved

Scanning IDE drives................................"

The scanning dots came on one at a time until there were 32 of them. Then the following appeared.

"No array is defined.........."

Press <ctrl-F> to enter Fastbuild (tm) utility or

Press <Esc> to continue booting"

The "No array defined.........." sentence blinks about 15 times and then the system continues to boot.

When I press <ctrl-F> before it boots I get the following;

     "Auto Setup---------------------------[ 1 ]

      View Drive Arrangements--------[ 2 ]

      View Array-----------------------------[ 3 ]

         No Disk is found. Please check the

         power and data cable connections.

          (Press any key to exit)

          Controller Configuration-----------[ 6 ]"

When any number from 1 to 6 is pressed, the system reboots.

When I press <Esc> before it boots I get the following;

       "Select boot device then enter or <Esc> to exit

          1. HD

         2. CD-ROM

        3. Floppy

       4. SCSI Device "

I checked and redid all of the connections and disconnected the 3 drives.

I rebooted, but the results were the same.

I then reconnected the drives and did a new installation of Windows 98 (Win 95 Full & Win 98 Upgrade). Everything went smoothly except the the video card would not load.

The system does operate.

However, when booting in the section where the drives are listed, the A Drive is not shown.

It starts off with "Diskette Drive B--none" and then it continues to list the other drives.

To enter the Setup utility after you reboot, you must press <delete> before anything appears on the screen. According to the manual, this is not the way it should work. I have not made any changes in the BIOS Setup Program.

When I received this mobo, and opened the box it looked like it could have been damaged. But not from shipping. The outside of the box is fine. It looks like the cover was open and the white cardboard inside the box that covers the motherboard was subjected to some kind of heavy weight.

The plastic covering the mobo was damaged. Some areas of the plastic that covered the protruding parts of the mobo were ripped and squashed against the part. It was squashed so badly in some places that the plastic turned white. The white cardboard inside the box was indented by as much as one-eighth of an inch and torn. I could not however see any visible damage to the mobo.

I called my supplier to inform them of this and we decided that I should try out the board because there was no visible damage. But because I can't see any damage doesn't mean that there isn't any.

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml