Date:
Sun, 14 Jul 2002 13:15:10 +0300
Still regarding the decision which motherboard to buy, I wish to make a
more generic question. From the point of performance (i.e. not upgrades
and features), how much will a motherboard which uses the Intel i815EP
chipset will perform better than a one that uses the Via 694T chipset?
Is it much better, when used with 192MB SDRAM, and Celeron 800, and some
simple AGP card (ATI Rage Pro)? Regardless of companies, I can save money
by concentrating on motherboards which are based on the VIA chipset, but I
won't do it if the difference in performance is considerable.

Uzi