From:
carmen strickland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Nov 2005 07:30:35 -0800
I'm new-hope I'm doing this right.

I have a Compaq presario 5006us with a intel celeron
766 mhz processor. 383mb memory-pc100,168 pin
dimm,sdram, two hardrives 40gb, one 20gb.

I need to upgrade to have a least 800mhz for work
purposes. Is it better to get a new motherboard or a
new processor and what's the difference?

I've been told that my model should take up to 1000mhz
pentium processor.

I've looked at a few ads for motherboards and am just
confused by everything.

I have a limited budget, and only @ $150 to spend on
this, and am looking for the best route to go. Also I
was told to have someone who had done it before
install the processor rather than trying it myself. Is
it the same with the mother board?

carmen strickland

http://mail.yahoo.com